City Hall Marriage License Bureau | NYC Park Permits | Locations & Ceremony Size
Click HERE for our most popular post: a step-by-step guide on How to Elope in New York : how to get a marriage license, find a New York marriage officiant, organize your ceremony, and have your marriage legally registered. See a little more advice HERE,


Park musicians

Yes, they'll be happy to play for your wedding. Central Park has many 'resident' musicians. They are used to weddings. If you like the saxophone player or the jazz violinist or the clarinet player under the bridge, -- just approach them and offer them a fee to play for your wedding. They have to leave their spot to go play for you, so offer them a reasonable amount. $40-50 seems to be is standard, though people have also offered less -- and more. Yesterday, we had a grand wedding at the Bethesda Fountain, and we met a hammered dulcimer player named Arlen Oleron (email Arlen and guitar player Joni Paladin (email PaladinTrio)who were playing traditional tunes - they easily moved their instruments to the plaza, and played for the bride coming down the stairs, the 'recessional', the signing of the license, and a little dancing. It was grand. I'll put the full info on my website and a picture -- but I'm off to another lovely wedding in a rush -- M